Welcome to My Blog!

The Adventures begin from here on and now...

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Stir Fry Bokchoy


Grilled Teriyaki Salmon and Stir Fry Bokchoy

Feeling under the weather lately, battling a cold/ flu, I opened the fridge and looked in bewilderment with what to do with a Salmon that I bought 2 days ago. It's frozen now as I never got around to cooking it the other day. This time, I decided to switch it up with the seasoning. I wanted to recreate the flavors I had when dining at a Japanese Village restaurant a year ago, it was very delicious. And with a various Asian condiments I have on hand, {my impulse ingredient shopping  a couple weeks ago}, I need to make a good use of these. I have cooked salmon before, but I always just throw in whatever I feel like putting in it, which can be a good or a bad recipe. This time will be different, I'll follow a  Teriyaki recipe. {fingers crossed}.


Ingredients:

4-5 slices of salmon

 Marinate sauce: 1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. Soy sauce
  1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
t tbsp. mirin
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. minced garlic
pinch of salt and pepper

5 heads of bokchoy cut in half {most grocery store carry this}
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. minced ginger
salt and pepper to taste


For glazing {Optional}: Balsamic vinegar, Siracha {chili flakes can be substituted}, and a splash of lemon juice


Pour  half of  the marinate sauce over salmon fish for 30 minutes or longer.  Heat pan grill to medium high heat and spray or pour 1 tsp. olive over pan. {this prevents the salmon from sticking}. Cook salmon 6 minutes per sides. {I always like to see the grill marks on my fish and its ready to flip when the salmon slides on the pan and doesn't stick}. Brush glaze sauce as much as you want. This gives a nice sweet flavor to the salmon.


Cut bokchoy in half, and saute it with olive oil, minced garlic and ginger and pour the remaining marinated sauce over it.


 Garnish with toasted sesame seeds {optional}.



Serve immediately to enjoy.  The marinate gives the botchoy a sweeter flavor and I can't get enough of this. It truly complements this dish.




Teriyaki Salmon.


Teriyaki Salmon, this is going to be my regular marinate from now on.




Grilled Teriyaki Salmon, better than the Japanese Village restaurant I went to. Another home run on this!

1 comment:

  1. I really like salmon. I want to know on how to cook this before and finally I found it on your blog. I can now cook this perfectly. I hope that this will be easy like cooking a stir fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete