Welcome to My Blog!

The Adventures begin from here on and now...

Sunday 8 January 2012

Parsnip Fries


Parsnip Fries

I have grown to love Parsnip lately, and with recent cravings for a healthy version of french fries I stumble upon this recipe. It's such a wonder how this root vegetable resembles the flavor of a regular french fries with a buttery, spicy, and sweet flavor fries. It's really unusual how a carrot vegetable family resembles the potato fries flavor...and the best thing about these fries? they are baked instead of fried. So its healthier! 



Ingredients:

2-3 parsnips
kosher salt
1/2 tsp. olive oil {optional}


Spread cut parsnip on a baking sheet/ tray with drizzled olive oil and kosher salt sprinkle and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.


I used a peeler to create a ribbon shavings. 



I over baked these parsnip, and see how my first batch ended up, in ruins!


I sliced more parsnip and cut them in strips instead. These turned out much better. 


Yummy. I can't get enough of these! Especially, its healthy for you.


Parsnip fries- baked and not fried. These are healthy alternative to the potato fries. A much sophisticated fries for the adults! They are genuinely a pleasant surprise. 









No comments:

Post a Comment