Welcome to My Blog!

The Adventures begin from here on and now...

Sunday 8 January 2012

Zucchini Ribbons and Elbow Macaroni pasta

Zucchini with Macaroni Pasta

One of my mantra in the kitchen is to use as many possible ways I could with whatever ingredients I have on hand.  I always love to experiment with food. Sometimes, the unexpected recipes and combinations provides the best flavorful recipes. I always pride myself with that. Most often it comes out perfect and delicious. That's how I perfected my Spare ribs! {It's to die for- I kid you not}. Here's another dish that I was inspired from my risotto recipe, with the leftover zucchini vegetables.




Ingredients:

2-3 zucchini vegetables
1 tsp. canola oil and a 1 tsp. butter
1/2 tsp. mirin sauce
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
salt and pepper
1 clove of garlic
dash of parsley {optional}
2 tbsp. minced onion
1 tbsp. Knorr Chicken bouillon
2 cups cooked elbow macaroni pasta
1 cup pasta water


Directions:

Peel zucchini like ribbons using a mandolin or a peeler and set aside.
Saute onions until translucent, and add garlic in oil and butter. Add zucchini ribbons and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour mirin, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and cook for another 1 minutes. Add cooked pasta to the vegetables and season with salt and pepper and Knorr chicken bouillon and cook for another 2-3 minutes until vegetables is cooked through. Pour pasta water if its too dry.{this will create a creamy sauce}. Serve immediately. 


Sauteing zucchini ribbons.








Love. Love. Love this dish. It's so simple to make.


This is so good. I like my pasta a day old, it seems to absorb more of the flavor the next day. {just my preference}.


Zucchini Ribbons with pasta! Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment