Welcome to My Blog!

The Adventures begin from here on and now...

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Fried Ravioli


Fried Ravioli

I got a bag of frozen ravioli a couple of weeks ago. Not wanting to do the same boring, boiling ravioli- it dawned on me, that it can actually be fried! Why didn't I think of that before? I had an aha moment! {I've seen these on numerous restaurants menu}. If I would have known how easy they are, I would have done this a whole lot sooner.  This is pretty addictive. Make sure you have plenty of raviolis to fry!


Ingredients:

store bought ravioli {get the best quality brand you can find- I got a cheese and a beef  ravioli}.
bread crumbs {I make my own bread crumbs that's already seasoned: oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, garlic and pepper}
1 egg + 3 tbsp. milk
parmesan cheese
oil for frying




Directions:

Heat oil in a frying pan. Beat 1 egg on a separate container, and bread crumbs on another plate. Dip ravioli on egg/milk wash, and drenched on the seasoned bread-crumbs. Fry ravioli 1-2 minutes on each side.{keep a close eye on these- they burn easily}. Fry ravioli in batches and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and let cool. Sprinkle fried ravioli with grated parmesan and serve to enjoy!


Cheese and Beef Ravioli


*Home-made bread crumbs- left-over bread or stale bread {I buy great quality bread that I use for this}, bake left-over bread at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and let cool for a few minutes. Transfer baked bread to food processor, add your favorite herbs and grind it as fine as you want. Store it in an air-tight container and you have bread crumbs ready when you need it! Seriously, this taste better and smell great than the store-bought kind.

  
These are crunchy and irresistible. Dip it with marinara sauce or whatever sauce you have handy at home.


Raviolis are so quick and easy with store-bought ravioli. You can get as many varieties as you want. You can get them at the refrigerated section and other fresh pasta. 


Fried Ravioli, crunchy and addictive. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment