Welcome to My Blog!

The Adventures begin from here on and now...

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Pork Adobo


Pork Adobo

I love adobo. I grew up eating this comfort food. It's so easy to make and pretty much the ingredients called for this recipe can be found in every kitchen home. There's alot of variations to this recipe, there's some that uses chicken, beef, and boiled eggs added {not too keen on this though}. I prefer it this way- simple and straighforward. I guess to each is own. But the base of this recipe is the same for all.{soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic}. Try this and you won't be disappointed. This is the most identifiable recipe to most filipinos.


Ingredients:

Pork or chicken {I've seen beef being used with this recipe}
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbsp. brown sugar {add more if you want it to be sweeter}
2-3 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper to taste
peppercorns {optional}
1-2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar {optional}
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce {optional}



Directions:

Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper,  and cloves garlic. Add meat and bring to a boil for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated and the meat is tender. {cook meat longer if you want it more tender}. Add balsamic vinegar, and worcestershire sauce and let it simmer for another 5 minutes or so.{this  is  optional, I like adding balsamic vinegar and worcestershire sauce as I think it rounds up overall the flavor}.






 Bring the meat to simmer longer, or until liquid is almost dry. 




Pork Adobo.


No comments:

Post a Comment